Sunday, July 26, 2009

26th July AGAIN

Which part I like best in "Village by the sea"
Im not too sure i really liked any part of the book, but i got to say that I was really bored reading the first part. The part at Bombay was probably the most exciting part in the book but I've seen much better plots than this. Another thing I didnt really like about the book was that it all seemed really fake to me. I mean what are the chances of having a neighbour that will kill your dog!?! That part was quite sad, in fact most of the parts about Hari's father being a drunkard and did'nt work all day long made me feel like some kids really DID have all the luck. But then again its just a book and when I read it i did'nt like it. But i guess maybe some of you did, everyone's different anyway.


Country rat or city rat?
Actually when theres a country like Singapore then country rat definitely. But I got to say many countries out there are not like Singapore, in fact, Singapore is really good. Unlike Bombay in the book Village By The Sea, you rarely see beggars nowadays or people selling coconuts on the street. It is also very unlikely to find a job in an old shop for poor people now. So if the country is Singapore, ill choose country rat but if its Bombay...i would choose otherwise.


My favourite character in 'Village By The Sea'.
Hari!! Not only do I like his courage, I also like his strength and perseverance. In the story, he sort of wanted to "defend" Thul from the factories.

No comments: